Subject: Re: -CURRENT question
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/14/1999 08:20:04
Well, actually it just recently happened, if you count packages...
	pc1:paul {101} where info
	/usr/bin/info
	/usr/pkg/bin/info
	pc1:paul {102}

Which reminds me, now that info is built as part of src/gnu should we
remove the pkgsrc version of info?  Or at least disable it if there's
already a copy in /usr/bin/info?

On 14 Mar 1999, Chris Jones wrote:

> Unless you get an error from make build, you can assume that all the
> old binaries and data files have been replaced by new ones.  One thing
> you do want to watch for, though, is the fact that binaries
> occasionally move around.  So you may want to look for $PATH
> shadowings, or binaries which appear in two directories in your path.
> Maybe something like
>
> ls /bin /usr/bin /sbin /usr/sbin | sort | uniq -d
>
> I don't know the last time this happened; it might not have happened
> since 1.3 came out, actually.
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu
>            Mad scientist at large                    cjones@nervana.montana.edu
> "Is this going to be a stand-up programming session, sir, or another bug hunt?"

| Paul Goyette      | PGP DSS Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Engineer  |   BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker |   91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 |  pgoyette@juniper.net |