Subject: UVM kudos again.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ask Dr. Stupid <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/1999 15:00:53
I'm looking at the current system running under UVM, and I had top running.
I'm AMAZED at the resource handling!  I have some processes registering as
being in the upper megabyte range in size, but the resident set is never
more than 350K (unless, of course, it's active, but hey!).

I don't think I've seen memory/swap/page management go this well on a
system before.

Kudos to the UVM development team!

Is there still work happening on merging the buffer cache in here, or
is that a foregone conclusion for now?  Or is it just one of those things
that is so ugly and perceived as crippling that we're avoiding it?

				--*greywolf;
--
Woof...