Subject: initial sup info
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js.ne.mediaone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/1999 17:45:14
I may be out to lunch here (missing some basic flag in sup).

It seems to me that it would be a good thing, if current source
tar files, and related snapshot sources, were to contain the sup
data that they were based on. This would  allow an immediate sync
with the current sup, without having to get the entire distribution
via the sup server. After downloading a snapshot and its sources,
one might suppose that it wouldn't be necessary to sup the entire
source tree again. Perhaps if the ./usr/sup/whateverfilesapply were
included in the tarfile, less traffic would be generated, and updating
the snapshot for fixes, etc. would be a minor vs. major evolution.

This is just my 2 cents. If i am missing something, I'd sure like
to know what it is, to avoid this in the future.

--
Joseph Sarkes                   mailto:joe@mediaone.net