Subject: Re: Open Sound System on NetBSD 1.3.3 or current?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Segmentation Violation. Core dumped. <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/1999 09:33:01
Does this mean that UVM will now be our only VM system?

Curious, by no means accusatory.  I like the way UVM works.  Under the
old VM scheme, my swap space went unused -- even with netscape, it never
seemed to want to swap or page at all, but the performance didn't seem
to reflect this.  Now I'm hovering at about 35% paging usage nicely
interleaved across five swap partitions.  The performance still isn't
reflecting this, but the other way 'round -- in a good way.

The feel of the system seems more balanced.

[SS IPX 64MB core 132MB swap].

Now all I gotta do is upgrade all my disks to 1G+ 10MB/sec disks. :-)

				--*greywolf;
--
Bought the planet (paid cash).