Subject: Re: NFS-related freezes in recent -currents?
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/1999 04:47:02
"Erik E. Fair" <fair@clock.org> writes:

> Just to counter these reports a little: I build NetBSD daily on a SPARC
> Classic (running current) which has /usr/src mounted from a SPARC LX
> running 1.3.

And to offset this one more time:

I have a 1.3-current box (as of about a month ago) which has never
been able to use amd to mount my 1.3.3-ish box using AMD.  Not using
AMD (the mount command directly) works perfectly.

The 1.3.3-ish box can mount the 1.3-current machine just fine, using
AMD.

This has been a long standing problem, and I have posted about it
here.

Worse, if I kill amd, at some point between 5 minutes and 5 days the
machine will lock up, waiting on some sort of inode lock.

--Michael