Subject: Re: NetBSD Copyright
To: Harry W. Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
From: Segmentation Violation. Core dumped. <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/1999 15:19:27
I'm hoping that mandating that source be forfeit to TNF is not the only
way to get one's source contributed to NetBSD.  Would that not defeat
the original intentions of NetBSD?  I'm certainly not saying GNU here,
but I think that perhaps a joint-ownership kind of deal might be better,
i.e. freely redistributable by either party under their respective terms.
NetBSD can sell it, or the original author can give it away.

I don't see TNF making money by licensing NetBSD, so this seems like a
win on both sides.

I am not a (copyright) lawyer, nor do I play one on the 'net, but
joint ownership looks like the way to go.

				--*greywolf;
--
		    WANTED FOR DESTRUCTION OF THE UNIX WORLD:
	     Scott McNealy of Sun for adopting SVR4 ("Selling Out")
	     >>> REWARD:  A useful OS complete with source code. <<<
			*** DISINTEGRATIONS PERMITTED ***