Subject: pkgsrc: imlib >= 1.9.0 on NetBSD-current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: NJ Verenini <nverenin@spunet.dynip.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/1999 20:51:52
Anyone ever tried to get imlib working (from pkgsrc/graphics/imlib)?
It's required for GNOME.

I know that my image libraries are good, being recently [re]built out of
pkgsrc...but imlib builds some shared objects to talk to lpng, etc. that
are simply broken (when glib goes to load them they segfault...doesn't
matter for which image type)

What is interesting is that imlib seems to work ok, but gdk_imlib which
GNOME apps use to load pixmaps, etc., is cantankerous.

I basically have all of GNOME-1.0 running except for the imlib
brokenness. To date I haven't heard of anyone using it on NetBSD.
(Probably because they are smarter than I am. :)

--
http://spunet.dynip.com/
nverenin@spunet.dynip.com