Subject: Re: where can I find the CJK for netbsd-current
To: None <c5666305@hkstar.com>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 03/04/1999 01:07:51
On Wed, 3 Mar 1999 23:51:16 +0800 (HKT), Chan Yiu Wah wrote:
> > I'm pretty sure it stands for Chinese, Japanese and Korean, but I have
> > no idea what he's talking about when he says "CJK code".  It's way too
> > vague to be meaningful.
>

> Sorry for make trouble to you.  It is fonts for the languages of the countries
> you stated about.  Any idea ?

On the console, or in X?  X comes with CJK fonts.  You just need
software to display/input those fonts.  There are an internationalized
version of xterm, "exterm", a multilingual enhancement to GNU Emacs,
"Mule", and a Chinese input method, "cWnn".  Both Emacs 20 and XEmacs
20 pkgsrc can be built with Mule (make USE_MULE=yes), but beyond that,
I have no knowledge as far as Chinese language is concerned (I don't
speak Chinese).

Ken