Subject: Re: DLT drives
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@nhh.no>
List: current-users
Date: 02/25/1999 07:35:18
Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> writes:

> There's a DLT drive on one NetBSD/i386 system that I "maintain".. it has
> been working just fine all the time, since NetBSD 1.2.  This machine has
> an Adaptec 2940UW (or something like that) SCSI controller:
>
> ahc0 at pci0 dev 20 function 0
> ahc0: interrupting at irq 11
> ahc0: aic7880 Wide Channel, SCSI Id=7, 16 SCBs
>
> We use Amanda for automated backups and the only problem we've had is
> that the people forget to insert correct tapes :-)

I could have written the exact same thing.  :-)  Our DLT is a 6 GB
model from DEC, by the way.

Here's the dmesg output:

ahc0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0
ahc0: interrupting at irq 11
ahc0: aic7880 Wide Channel, SCSI Id=7, 16 SCBs
scsibus0 at ahc0 channel 0: 16 targets
[...]
ahc0: target 5 synchronous at 5.0MHz, offset = 0xf
st0 at scsibus0 targ 5 lun 0: <CIPHER, T860s, 430B> SCSI2 1/sequential removable
st0: density code 0x18, variable blocks, write-enabled

-tih
--
Popularity is the hallmark of mediocrity.  --Niles Crane, "Frasier"