Subject: Re: machine rebooting
To: Harry W. Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/24/1999 22:27:00
> Yet another "me too". Using ab and apache, using localhost w/o keepalives,
> 10000 transfers with 10 clients, my ASUS Super socket 7 board spontaneously
> reboots as well.

Yet another "me too" - albeit a bit different: I'm haunting for a bug in
an ISDN driver, which causes an internal assertion in I4B to fail. When this
happens the system reboots a few seconds later, without any sign or output.

This makes finding the bug a bit harder ;-)

Interestingly on FreeBSD when the same bug triggers the same assertion to
fail nothing happens - the system just keeps running.

Martin