Subject: Bug in wscons (was Re: wscons & xfree)
To: Patrick Welche <>
From: Eric Delcamp <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/1999 20:22:46

I just want to make a bug report for this, but if someone could confirm....
I have a French keyboard and wscons. To get some characters (~#{[ | `\^@]}),
french users need to press AltGr key. But sometime (well, 3 times on 4), I
get nothing. A trick is to press quickly several keys to get them. From my
kernel config :

# wscons options
#options        WSEMUL_SUN              # sun terminal emulation
options         WSEMUL_VT100            # VT100 / VT220 emulation
# different kernel output - see dev/wscons/wsdisplayvar.h
options         WS_KERNEL_FG=WSCOL_GREEN
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_PCVT           # emulate some ioctls
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_SYSCONS        # emulate some ioctls
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_USL            # VT handling
options         WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_RAWKBD         # can get raw scancodes
# see dev/pckbc/wskbdmap_mfii.c for implemented layouts
options         PCKBD_LAYOUT="(KB_FR)"

Is it a bug or should I need to add (KB_FR | KB_NODEAD) ?

Eric Delcamp......................NetBSD i386 & Amiga, BeOS, Windows NT : < 7900th (15/02/99)
France............................Magic the Gathering player