Subject: Re: wscons & xfree
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/1999 18:20:51
In message <199902231419.AA01333@zel459>
          drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de wrote:
> jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi said:
> > 2. How do I get the same keymap in XFree?  Currently, XFree is using =
the
> >    "default" US keymap although wscons has my very preliminary Finnis=
> >    keymap.
> X is completely independant - it only gets raw keyboard
> scancodes for now. You have to find an X way - xmodmap
> or the xkb extension -- I'm clueless about X.
If you are using XFree86 you can set keymaps in your /etc/XFree86.conf.
e.g.: xkbKeymap "xfree86(se_FI)". There are various other options and
ways to modify the map.

IMHO it's quite complicated, I'm happy that I have my scancodes (nearly)
right now, so good luck! ;-)

Fine tuning can be done with xkeycaps (it's in the package tree).
--=20
Mir ist mein Signature entlaufen :-(. Wer es findet, sende es bitte an
Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE zur=FCck. Danke!=20