Subject: Re: Userland PPP
To: None <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 02/18/1999 07:35:20

>> I'd like to run PPP over an ip connection.  In particular over a port
>> redirected via ssh to a machine at work.  Our current pppd will only
>> run over a tty device, AFAICT.

Ken> I could have sworn that that limitation had been removed a while ago,
Ken> and you can now run PPP on a pseudo-tty.

Yes, it is possible to run PPP over a pseudo-tty.  I do so when running
PPTP (using linux pptp package--It's on my list to put this into package
form soon, but first I want to get the Hungarian encryption modules
working).

--
==John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.arlington.ma.us>, <john_kohl@alum.mit.edu>
Write a poem, share your heart!