Subject: Re: 19990217 -current build failed (gnu/usr.bin/texinfo/info) on
To: Erik E. Fair <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/1999 13:38:42
On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Erik E. Fair wrote:

: all ===> gnu/usr.bin/texinfo/info
: cc   -o info -nostdlib -L/altroot/usr/lib /altroot/usr/lib/crt0.o  dir.o
: display.o doc.o dribble.o echo-area.o filesys.o footnotes.o gc.o indices.o
: info-utils.o info.o infodoc.o infomap.o m-x.o man.o nodemenu.o nodes.o
: search.o session.o signals.o terminal.o tilde.o variables.o window.o
: -ltermcap -L/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/texinfo/common/obj -lcommon -lgcc -lc
: -lgcc
: ld: -lcommon: no match
: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
: *** Error code 1
: Stop.
: Looks like the makefile doesn't quite have support for BSDOBJDIR.

Um, you don't have a symlink at

?  It was my impression that this symlink had to be there, even in the case

I suppose my point is that all that determines this directory is a "make
print-objdir" executed from /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/texinfo/common/Makefile,
which includes <>, which in turn includes <>.  This
*should be* working.

-- Todd Vierling (Personal; Bus.