Subject: Re: i386 -current install floppies vs DeLL
To: None <>
From: Takahiro Kambe <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/17/1999 13:17:52
In message <>
	on Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:05:32 -0600 (CST),
	Paul B Dokas <> wrote:
> First, the 1/31 snapshot floppies have the buggy sysinst and are unusable.
On one of my desktops, this one booted successfully.  (But didn't try

> So then, I used my other i386 NetBSD box to build a set of floppies.
> I built the INSTALL and INSTALL_TINY kernels with today's supped source.
> Then did a make in /usr/src/distrib/i386/floppies and all built without
> any obvious errors.
I built those floppies with current supped 1999/2/15, too.

> Then I copied the fdset/boot[12].fs files onto two floppies with dd.
> With these floppies, the machine loads the kernel successfully, but at
> the point where it should show the NetBSD banner, something like:
In my case, while loading kernel, shows "read strings" and rebooted.

With boot-tiny.fs, machine stops silently after loading kernel.

Is there anyone that succeed to create really bootable floppy with
recent current?

Takahiro Kambe <>