Subject: Re: Who's going to IETF? (More local directions info)
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Rob Healey <rhealey@norstar.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/1999 11:35:51
> Marquette Ave and South 10th Street.   Minneapolis Hilton and Towers.
> I've no idea what that translates to in terms of neighborhood.

	Think near the convention center area. One block northwest is
	Nicollet and a few blocks north on Nicollet is "Nicollet Mall"
	which is a shopping, eating and nightclub area.

	1001 Marquette Ave S. is the exact address so MapQuest and similar
	should be able to make a nice map. www.uswestdex.com will have the
	yellow pages for the area eats and shop places.

	To get to St. Paul places you'd probably want to head toward I-94
	east, NOT DURING RUSH HOURS!, and follow thy nose to Kellog or one
	of the other St. Paul exits.

	I believe the Hilton itself is part of the Minneapolis skywalk system
	or else its within a block of it. This should allow for comfortable
	access to most of the downtown eatery and shopping areas. Nicollet
	Mall and City Center being the two biggest in that part of town.

	The U is about 2 miles east, depending on time of day, taking 4th
	street is probably the way to get to the U the fastest. Stub and Herbs
	is on the east side of the U on 4th St. You could also take Marquette
	to Washington, head east, follow thy nose across the I-35W bridge
	and then REALLY follow thy nose to Grandma's, YUMMY!, or some of the
	other eaterys just over the bridge. You'll probably have to park in the
	Holiday Inn ramp tho.

	-Rob