Subject: Re: xcopilot
To: dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/1999 12:03:05
dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net> writes:

> // a pile of processes is normal). I fixed the coring issues with the
> // patch found in patches/patch-ac.
>
> 	Is this patch applied by default?  I wasn't paying attention.  I'm
> kind of curious as to why I couldn't read the core...gdb didn't recognize
> it as being a core file at all, and file just said it was ``data.''

	Yes, if you're building from pkgsrc it should be applied
automatically. You should see the lines:

===>  Patching for xcopilot-0.6.6
===>  Applying NetBSD patches for xcopilot-0.6.6

during the package build.

> 	NetBSD 1.3I on i386.  I'm using the debug ROMs.  I'd gladly use
> the one on my Palm III, but I don't know how to get it off if it.  :)
> I'm pretty new with this device.

	Hm. Well, it definitely works for me with the 2.0 debug ROM,
so I'm not sure what to tell you. If you want to try and track down
the problem (after making sure it built properly), you could set up a
spinlock after the fork() call and attach gdb to the child processes
and see where they lose that way.

	Oh, if you want to get the ROM from your device, install the
pilot-link package and use the pi-getrom tool.

	- Nathan