Subject: Re: xcopilot
To: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
From: dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/1999 00:56:59
On 16 Feb 1999, Nathan J. Williams wrote:

// 	Well, I'm the one who pkg-ized it, so I suppose I should speak
// up. I have it working, and along the way ran into the problem where
// one of its processes would dump core (yes, the fact that it runs as
// a pile of processes is normal). I fixed the coring issues with the
// patch found in patches/patch-ac.

	Is this patch applied by default?  I wasn't paying attention.  I'm
kind of curious as to why I couldn't read the core...gdb didn't recognize
it as being a core file at all, and file just said it was ``data.''

// 	What architecture are you running on? I had it working on i386
// and utterly failing on the Alpha (some ugly-looking 64-bit issues),
// and have reason to believe it should work on other NetBSD platforms.
// Also, are you using ROMs downloaded from the device, or the debug
// ROMs from Palm, or something else?

	NetBSD 1.3I on i386.  I'm using the debug ROMs.  I'd gladly use
the one on my Palm III, but I don't know how to get it off if it.  :)
I'm pretty new with this device.

--
Principal Member Technical Staff, beyond.com    The world is watching America,
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>