Subject: Re: xcopilot
To: dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/1999 03:43:06
dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net> writes:

> I can't really tell what it does, but it starts up about four processes,
> and apparently one of them kinda dumps core...  I say kinda because I
> can't read the core, which is also weird.  Anyone actually have this
> working?  I'd like to do a little development, and this is kinda where
> I've got to start.

	Well, I'm the one who pkg-ized it, so I suppose I should speak
up. I have it working, and along the way ran into the problem where
one of its processes would dump core (yes, the fact that it runs as a
pile of processes is normal). I fixed the coring issues with the patch
found in patches/patch-ac.

	What architecture are you running on? I had it working on i386
and utterly failing on the Alpha (some ugly-looking 64-bit issues),
and have reason to believe it should work on other NetBSD platforms.
Also, are you using ROMs downloaded from the device, or the debug ROMs
from Palm, or something else?

	- Nathan