Subject: Has ep driver changed recently?
To: None <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/1999 22:40:17
As of... Um... A couple days ago, anyway, kernels I build now tend to give
me the message "ep0: adapter failure (ffff)" near the end of my shutdown,
after disks are synced and unmounted. Since it happens after this, I don't
lose any data, but the system does seem to hang at that point.

A kernel I built this past Sunday or Monday (the 7th or 8th of this month)
didn't exhibit this behaviour.

I'll be happy to provide whatever assistance I can to help find this.

My system: AMD K6 (i386), running a kernel build yesterday and userland built
on the 6th, with a couple tiny tweaks that don't relate to this.

The ep0 in question is:

ep0 at isapnp0 port 0x210/16 irq 3
ep0: 3Com 3C509B EtherLink III
ep0: address 00:10:4b:02:0d:fc, 8KB byte-wide FIFO, 5:3 Rx:Tx split
ep0: 10baseT (default 10baseT)

Thanks in advance. I'll send a PR with this information if the answer isn't
obvious to someone.

Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped ((   from day's caravan." - Rabindranath Tagore