Subject: Re: lib/4204 and libkafs
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/1999 16:25:30
On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 09:31:24PM +0100, Johan Danielsson wrote:
> Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU> writes:
>
> > It was added in Jan, 97, in response to this PR.
>
> Ah, ok.

> > Dec 1995 with a log message "imported from KTH/Norway eBones". :-)
>
> Now that you mention it, I recall having seen that log message before.
> Funny anyway (as in se != no). :-)

The eBones distribution which was imported had been hacked into a NetBSD
source-tree like framework, and had had some bugs fixed, by someone in
Norway.  I can't remember who.  But I wanted to make it clear that
we did *not* start with the KTH eBones distribution, and the one I did
start with, though available on a public ftp server, did not appear to
have any official name.  So I made one up.

That person was originally going to work on maintaining an European
distribution in parallel to our /usr/src/domestic Kerberos; that's
one reason I used his code instead of reworking the KTH code myself.
Unfortunately for various reasons that never happened.

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"