Subject: Re: lib/4204 and libkafs
To: Johan Danielsson <>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/1999 16:25:30
On Thu, Feb 11, 1999 at 09:31:24PM +0100, Johan Danielsson wrote:
> Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU> writes:
> > It was added in Jan, 97, in response to this PR.
> Ah, ok.
> > Dec 1995 with a log message "imported from KTH/Norway eBones". :-)
> Now that you mention it, I recall having seen that log message before.
> Funny anyway (as in se != no). :-)

The eBones distribution which was imported had been hacked into a NetBSD
source-tree like framework, and had had some bugs fixed, by someone in
Norway.  I can't remember who.  But I wanted to make it clear that
we did *not* start with the KTH eBones distribution, and the one I did
start with, though available on a public ftp server, did not appear to
have any official name.  So I made one up.

That person was originally going to work on maintaining an European
distribution in parallel to our /usr/src/domestic Kerberos; that's
one reason I used his code instead of reworking the KTH code myself.
Unfortunately for various reasons that never happened.

Thor Lancelot Simon
	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"