Subject: Re: lib/4204 and libkafs
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/1999 20:43:05
Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> When you're running AFS, you use a different string2key algorythm
> than in normal kerberos. I don't know why.

Hysteric reasons I guess.

> By linking libkafs before libkrb, though, you'd automatically get
> the afs string2key instead of the MIT string2key.

This is one thing that surprises me, why, and when was get_in_tkt
added to libkafs? As far as I know we've never had any special version
in kafs.

> I'm not sure what the remaining part of libkafs does, though.

What it always was supposed to do, I guess -- interface to the afs
syscall (without having to use a gazillion Transarc libraries with
incomprehensible dependencies).

/Johan