Subject: Updating newsyslog (was: df and du out of sync)
To: NetBSD i386 Users <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/1999 12:45:15
[note the re-direction to current-users]

[ On Wednesday, February 10, 1999 at 23:58:19 (-0800), Curt Sampson wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: df and du out of sync
>
> There's been bits of discussion now and then about a better version
> of newsyslogd that deals with stuff like this, and I once sketched
> out some notes on it, but nobody's ever really taken it on.

I've been distributing a version of newsyslog (there's no 'd' on it!)
that integrates the best features of OpenBSD and FreeBSD, *and* fixes
the algorigthm used, as well as a general clean up of features, and a
new feature I consider critical to making it possible to roll over some
log files at a specific time of day (thus fixing the old bug of
roll-over creeping around the clock).

I just rolled out 1.0.94 of my package (which will hopefully be the last
beta of it).

It's terribly easy to integrate into *BSD, and even includes a
newsyslog2netbsd.sh script.

It can be found here:

	ftp://ftp.planix.com/pub/Planix/newsyslog-1.0.94.tar.gz

--
							Greg A. Woods