Subject: Re: netscape mail and linux emulation library
To: Fusie Zhang <fzhang@cs.nmsu.edu>
From: Dirk Myers <dirkm@buster.dhis.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/1999 18:04:40
For Acrobat, that means that it doesn't have the environment set up
properly.  It also means that you're running the acroread from
(IIRC) /usr/local/Acrobat3/Reader/bin/intellinux/acroread

... it's better to run the shell script:

/usr/local/Acrobat3/bin/acroread

as that sets up the environment the way Acrobat wants it to be set up.

The first time you run it, it will probably fail with an error like
"You have tried to run Acrobat on NetBSD version 1.3.3, which is not
supported."

That's OK.  All you have to do is edit the script.  There's a case
statement in the script where it decides which operating system it's on.
All you have to do there is clone the part that begins:

	case linux)

and ends
	;;

with a
	case netbsd)

	.
	.
	;;

(Note:  I'm not anywhere near the machine I've got Acrobat running on, so
this may be slightly inaccurate.  On the other hand, I installed it
installed it just this afternoon, so I think it's probably pretty close.)

Dirk
dirkm@buster.dhis.org