Subject: Re: Suggestion: keep binary data out of /etc
To: None <>
From: Christoph Badura <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/1999 17:24:50 (Jaromir Dolecek) writes:

>But grep is not Japanese-aware anyway, so ...

Who said I was grepping for Japanese in the example?

>One more shot -- for object files, the grepped line is useless anyway
>(you are not going to edit the object files manually, are you ?),

Oh, it's useless?  Surreal!  Obviously, if I couldn't get the information
I am looking for by greping the object files I wouldn't grep them in the
first place!  And yes, I sometimes do edit object files.  Good thing, I
can now do that with vi and don't have to lug an emacs around for that.

>so information whether the string has been found is enough even for you
>I guess :)

Christoph Badura

Probleme mit Linux?  Versuch NetBSD!
Problems with Linux?  Try NetBSD!