Subject: Re: IDE ZIP Problem...
To: None <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/1999 15:37:15
On Feb 5, dillema@acm.org wrote

> My NetBSD-current (as of Jan 30) recognizes my IDE ZIP drive as:
>
> wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 1: <IOMEGA ZIP 100>
> wd0: drive supports 1-sector pio transfers, lba addressing
> wd0: 0MB, 512 cyl, 12 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 0 sectors
> wd0: 32-bits data port

Ok, on my system this works as expected (with a -current kernel of around the
same date).
Did you attach an atapibus to pciide ?
Could you enable debbuging, by setting wdcdebug_atapi_mask, wdcdebug_mask
and wdcdebug_wd_mask to 0x10 (DEBUG_PROBE), and send me the dmesg ?
Setting wdcdebug_*mask can be done either by editing the source files
or patching the binary with gdb:
gdb --write /netbsd
set wdcdebug_atapi_mask=0x10
set ...