Subject: Re: any software which provide function playing vcd
To: Chan Yiu Wah <c5666305@hkstar.com>
From: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@qut.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/08/1999 09:24:23
Chan Yiu Wah wrote:

> I would like to know if there exist any software ported for netbsd-current
> playing the vcd, video capturing and so on.  If so, what is the hardware
> configuration. Can you share with me.  Thanks.

I was working on this stuff about 12 months ago.  Linux has implemented a
video interface since then.  The FreeBSD video driver is very similar.
In both cases the video interface is very machine dependent.  I attempted
to develop an MI interface which would work with the PC-based cards and
sbus cards.

I got the driver to do what I wanted it to do, however don't have the
motivation (or hardware) to complete the project.  I think there is
some good stuff in it though (like attaching to the MI audio driver).
Some others proceeded to port the FreeBSD bt548 driver; it is for
i386 only.

You are welcome to any code you can use:

http://www.sprc.qut.edu.au/~mcgarry/netbsd/

Regards,
Greg