Subject: Re: Who's accessing my disk?
To: dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/1999 23:23:18
On Sun, Feb 07, 1999 at 01:13:25PM -0800, dustin sallings wrote:
> 	I don't have any Linux machines, so I can't read this man page.
> Why would this be a bug?

I think the man page is only present on one linux version.  Couldn't
find it on the machine I have access to.

> It makes a lot of sense to me.  It'd also be
> nice if batch jobs could run *immediately* like they do on other OSes I
> use.  Waiting for cron to run an atrun is too long for an ``at now,'' IMO.
> cron and at are similar enough tasks that you don't really need two
> different things doing them.

atrun is being run by cron, so atrun is NOT doing "the same thing".  Why
integrate the at system specific things into cron?

About running jobs immediately - this could be integrated to at, I guess.

  -jm