Subject: Re: XFree86 and WSCONS
To: Todd Vierling <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/1999 19:13:19
Todd Vierling wrote:
> Did you make the ttyv* symlinks?  I was bit by this, but once I nuked the
> old ttyv* nodes and made the links, all was happy.

Oh, now I finally read it thoroughly -- no, I didn't make the symlinks,
just left the old ttyv* nodes in :)

> Yes; the X servers to be compiled for 1.4 (and any compiled against
> -current) have "real" wscons support.

Is it some recent change ? I compiled the Xserver myself with xsrc
from beginnning of december I think and it didn't work  when kernel
was compiled w/o those WSCONS_COMPAT_* options. Is it worth pr, then ?

Jaromir Dolecek <>
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?
One in a million, perhaps.