Subject: Kernel build failure
To: NetBSD current-users <>
From: Bjoern Labitzke <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/1999 17:23:47

For a few days now my kernel builds fail (i386-architecture). I was using
the respective newest supped current-sources, did a complete make build to
have a valid userland, a make cleandir in the kernel compile directory,
did a config and complete build of the kernel several times. The error
stays the same. Here is the result of a make (I did the make cleandir,
config, make depend and first try make before already):

making sure the compat library is up to date...
`libcompat.a' is up to date.
making sure the kern library is up to date...
building standard kern library
/usr/bin/nm: __main.o: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/nm: __assert.o: No such file or directory
ld: __assert.o: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Any hints?

Bye, Bjoern

Bjoern Labitzke  <>
   Use PGP! (Don't you use envelopes for your letters?)
   9B00 9D82 A087 DC20 7293  BB27 0174 0C15 78AB A9FE