Subject: Re: XFree86 and WSCONS
To: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/1999 15:00:37
Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires wrote:
> Hello to all.
> Since my last GENERIC kernel build, as wscons is the default, my
> old X server started complaining about the absence of both pccons
> and pcvt.  Do I have to build X from the newer sources or is there
> a way to have my already installed version work with wscons?

One minor bit I bumped into when upgrading to -current -- you have
to compile the Xserver with -current includes in place (under /usr/include),
otherwise support for wscons won't be compiled in ..

Jaromir Dolecek <>
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?
One in a million, perhaps.