Subject: Re: i386 current build still fails.
To: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/1999 20:34:36
"Aaron J. Grier" <agrier@poofy.goof.com> writes:
> Is there a place all targets for a top-level -current make are
> documented?

The makefile itself is pretty easy to read.

> I've poked around the NetBSD Documentation section
> on the web server, but no documentation is to be found on sup (aside
> from the man page) or the exact procedure and make sequence for keeping
> up to date with -current.

"make build" does the right thing -- it installs the .mk files,
includes, libraries, etc. in more or less the right order.

The only caveat I give is that one should always build a new kernel
and boot it FIRST before doing a make build. Otherwise new syscalls
being used by your userland will cause you to die badly...

Perry