Subject: Re: X problems
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/1999 17:28:34
Matthias Scheler wrote:
> That sounds like your X11 server picks up a virtual console on which a
> "getty" gets started later. Ones all "getty" processes are running it
> uses the correct one. You can avoid that by telling the X11 server which
> console to use. My "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers" looks like this:

Yeah, it's probably it :)

> :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X -bpp 32 -once vt05
>
> "vt05" = uses 5th console, that's "/dev/ttyE4" for WSCONS.

I thought wscons is X-aware and doesn't allow to write/read to
terminal when it's in graphics mode. Does it ?

Well, an idea just crossed my mind: would it work if I would
just add a line with:
ttyE7   "/usr/X11/bin/kdm"         vt100   on
to /etc/ttys ?
--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>	http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?