Subject: Re: Switching to ELF
To: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@magma.del.ufrj.br>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/1999 11:14:03
On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires wrote:

: How safe, however, is it to switch a system which has already some
: useful things installed, which would take a long time be be set up
: again?  Is NetBSD's a.out to ELF transition less painful than
: FreeBSD's and Linux's (especially this) were?

We don't have a migration path yet, and ELF on NetBSD for those systems that
are historically a.out is not yet officially supported.

`When it is,'  I'd hope that it will be less painful, and I may rehash some
old threads I started some months back to add insight to that....