Subject: Re: dev/isa/pckbcvar.h in current
To: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
From: None <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/1999 13:24:31
darcy@druid.net said:
> Well, I have the pc0 line and no pck* lines.  The system will be a
> server locked in a closet so all I want is a dumb screen.  No mice are
> turned on either.  I'm not sure why pckbcvar.h is included in the
> first place.

Look at i386/include/pccons.h: pckbcvar.h is only included
if (NPCKBC > 0). If you really have no pckbc line in your
config file, then perhaps a "make depend" or "make clean"
will solve your problem.

> Here is my config (stripped of comments) if you want to test with it.

OK:
bash$ /usr/sbin/config -s /mnt/sys -b `pwd` DARCY
Don't forget to run "make depend"
bash$ make pccons.o
cc  -O2 -Werror -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wpointer-arith
-Wno-main -I. -I/mnt/sys/arch -I/mnt/sys -nostdinc -DLKM -DDIAGNOSTIC
-DMAXUSERS
=32 -D_KERNEL -Di386  -c /mnt/sys/arch/i386/isa/pccons.c
bash$ cat pckbc.h
#define NPCKBC  0
bash$ cat pc.h
#define NPC     1