Subject: Re: X problems
To: None <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/1999 09:45:52
In article <>,
	Jaromir Dolecek <> writes:
> That may even solve problem I am seeing. When I start kdm from rc.local
> and login to X, the keyboard locks solid after a while. If I kill
> kdm and start it again, there is no problem any more.

That sounds like your X11 server picks up a virtual console on which a
"getty" gets started later. Ones all "getty" processes are running it
uses the correct one. You can avoid that by telling the X11 server which
console to use. My "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers" looks like this:

:0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/X -bpp 32 -once vt05

"vt05" = uses 5th console, that's "/dev/ttyE4" for WSCONS.

Matthias Scheler