Subject: Re: Feature idea...
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/1999 23:27:50
> Sounds like a good idea to me.  I have the same situation, and while I
> run DHCP at most places so most things are right, I always find I want
> to swap in other things, like ip filtering based on location.

That's easy to do: let dhcp configure all the interface (maybe with fallbacks
if no dhcp server is available) and the call different scripts based on the ip
address assigned too your ethernet card in netstart.local.

I'm using something quite similar on a Win32 machine, where it sets the
proxy server, mail server, mail profile, customized link to the internet
browser (it copies a .lnk file to the task bar ;-) - of course the DHCP
server runs NetBSD.

Martin