Subject: Re: xterm problem
To: Adam Ciarcinski <adam@pulstar.albedo.com.pl>
From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@laas.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/1999 10:57:11
You wrote (in your message from Wed 3)
 > Hi,
 >
 > I discovered the following problem with xterm (or X-11 at all).
 > When there is a lot of text to display on xterm window - it simply hangs
 > up the system.  There is nothing to do, except reset.  :(
 >
 > My machine: AMD-3D/350MHz, NetBSD-current-i386.
 > I tried different window managers.

You may try with `option "noaccel"' in the "Device" section of your
/etc/XF86Config file. If this fixes the problem, it is caused by
XFree86 an acceleration bug.

What graphic card do you have ? Did you also update your xsrc
recently ? XFree86 3.3.3.1 has fixed some of these lockups.

You may also check the XFree86 README for your card in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc for other options in /etc/XF86Config that may
help.

--
					Matthieu