Subject: Re: ipmon-related crashing???
To: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/29/1999 14:18:41
On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Mason Loring Bliss wrote:

> So, what I'd like to know is this: What can I do after such a crash to get
> useful information? In neither instance did I drop into my debugger.

We need a web page addressing this, somewhere. :-)

Is this a panic? If so, you should get a crash dump (althugh if
you've really got the debugger compiled in, and it never goes near
it, you've got a serious problem).

If you're getting what appear to be spontaneous reboots, setting
the machine up to use a serial console, and running vixie's rtty
(or anything that does logging) on another machine attached to the
serial port might let you capture some messages that will help you
out.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.