Subject: /usr/include/machine/byte_swap.h on m68k machines?
To: None <>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/29/1999 11:58:55

Today I wanted to start building current xsrc on a current NetBSD/amiga
system (src from 24.1.1999), but it stoped quite early:

cd ./config/imake && make   -f Makefile.ini BOOTSTRAPCFLAGS=""
making imake with BOOTSTRAPCFLAGS= in config/imake
cc -o ccimake  -O -I../../include -I../../imports/x11/include/X11 ccimake.c
make: don't know how to make /usr/include/machine/byte_swap.h. Stop
*** Error code 2

I was able to workarround this by touching /usr/include/machine/byte_swap.h,
but I would really like to know what the real fix is.

It seems as only the following archs actually have byte_swap.h:

Any ideas?