Subject: ipmon-related crashing???
To: None <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/28/1999 16:51:39
Hey, all. I don't have enough information to do a useful PR, IMHO, so I'd
like to get some ideas from here...

I'm running -current as of the 24th of this month, on an i386. This box
is used as a gateway, via IP-NAT.

The reason why I'm suspecting ipmon is because it's new... I haven't been
running it before recently, and I note in my logs that there wre a good
number of packets being tossed out because of bad lengths before each
crash, as far as I can tell. (I've had one freeze today, and one spontaneous

I'm turning off ipmon to see if I can stay up. I'm assuming that the traffic
flowing by won't change in character dramatically. I'm hoping this, at any

So, what I'd like to know is this: What can I do after such a crash to get
useful information? In neither instance did I drop into my debugger.

Thanks in advance for the help...

Mason Loring
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments
  dropped from day's caravan."--Rabindranath Tagore...awake ? sleep : dream;