Subject: A round of applause...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/28/1999 10:39:39
So, I want a nice laptop, but I really hated running Linux on my laptop,
because, well, I dunno.  I just don't like it as much.  *BSD is more
comfortable.  Since I work for BSDI, I figured I'd try BSDI on my ThinkPad
380Z.

Found CPU (Pentium II)
Found isa0 (root)
[8 rapid beeps]

And that's all she wrote.

But wait!  I have a 1.3.3 distribution set lying around.  I download a boot
floppy.  I put it in.  Will the PCMCIA work?  Yup.  Will the floppy boot
successfully?  It sure looks like it.

Thanks to NetBSD, I may not be stuck running Linux all next week.  Thanks
to the core team and all the folks who contributed the various code that just
saved me.  :)

(Of course, I'll probably end up spending a week or two getting BSD/OS running
on the laptop.  I'm like that.  But I can do it *LATER*, and not have to run
Linux in the meantime.)

-s