Subject: Re: i386 snapshot?
To: Scott Ellis <scotte@intrepid.warped.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 01/26/1999 09:57:26
On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Scott Ellis wrote:

> It's in the pub dir on ftp://intrepid.warped.com/ .  I'm building one
> on NetBSD/Amiga now (what ever happened to a netbsd-m68k target package for
> cross compiling? ;-)...I'll put that up in a few days, when it finishes. ;-)

I think we're waiting on m68k to be using the binutils 2.X assembler. That
integration hasn't happened yet.

Another option would be to make the m68k package reach into
src/gnu/usr.bin/gas and get the compiler source. That compiler will
cross-assemble if you define TARGET_MACHINE_ARCH to be m68k. I'm not sure
if you still need to define MID_MACHINE anymore as all machines use 8k
pages.

Take care,

Bill