Subject: Re: IBM drives vs Adaptec controllers/driver [was Re: 10G IBM ide hard disk]
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/1999 20:18:58
[ On Sat, January 23, 1999 at 17:25:56 (-0700), Justin T. Gibbs wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: IBM drives vs Adaptec controllers/driver [was Re: 10G IBM ide hard disk]
>
> I would not suggest using SCBPAGING in the NetBSD version of the driver.
> It only became truly robust when I revamped the driver for CAM (not SCAM)
> and both tagged queuing and scb paging are always enabled in the current
> FreeBSD driver.

Ongoing tests have shown that the "timed out in dataout phase" is easily
repeatable, so indeed I will turn off SCBPAGING, and assuming the
timeout goes away I'll just keep tagged queuing enabled.

> CAM = Common Access Method
> SCAM = SCSI Configured Auto-Magically.

Argh!  Yes, I knew that -- my brain was scrambled by staring at the
Adaptec BIOS SCSI-Select screen too long....  Thanks for clarifying!

--
							Greg A. Woods