Subject: Re: IBM drives vs Adaptec controllers/driver [was Re: 10G IBM ide hard disk]
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Justin T. Gibbs <gibbs@plutotech.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/1999 17:25:56
>It's been working OK for me so far (knock on wood!), but I've not done
>much other than run some benchmarks and dd's.  I should probably fire up
>a dozen or more bonnie runs on different directories and partitions and
>see how it fares.  I know people complained about SCBPAGING in about the
>same vintage of FreeBSD's driver, but I was using it there at the time
>with Seagate Cheetahs with no problem (with CCD mirroring in one case no
>less! ;-).

I would not suggest using SCBPAGING in the NetBSD version of the driver.
It only became truly robust when I revamped the driver for CAM (not SCAM)
and both tagged queuing and scb paging are always enabled in the current
FreeBSD driver.

CAM = Common Access Method
SCAM = SCSI Configured Auto-Magically.

--