Subject: Problems with serial ports
To: None <>
From: Vineto Trifunovski <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/1999 12:50:22
I am trying to establish a serial communication link between two
NetBSD-i386 machines without any luck. The two machines are connected
to each other via a nullmodem cable connected to one of the serial
ports on each machine. I am using minicom as communication
program, but the serial ports seems to be dead.

Wen useing minicom as a normal user, minicom complains about
"Operation not permitted". When useing minicom as root nothing

What do I need to do to make the serial ports work ?

NOTE! I have kompiled the kernel with KGDB enabled, so one
of the serial ports seems to be reserved for KGDB
(the one returning EBUSY I suppose).