Subject: README: changes to ypserv access control code
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/1999 18:46:07
Folks,

I have just changed ypserv(8) to use libwrap (i.e. /etc/hosts.allow and
/etc/hosts.deny) for all access control, like portmap(8) and inetd(8).
I have also added a -l flag, to enable logging of all requests made to
the YP server.

The old "securenet" and "ypserv.acl" access control methods are NO LONGER
SUPPORTED.  An error will occur if you attempt to use the old -a flag.

IF YOU USE YPSERV(8) WITH ACCESS CONTROL, PLEASE UPDATE YOUR HOSTS.ALLOW
AND HOSTS.DENY FILES ACCORDINGLY.

Just wanted to make sure everyone saw that :-)

If you have any problems with ypserv(8) after this change, please send
a thorough bug report.

Enjoy!