Subject: Build breaks, 19980120, generating LintSysNormal.c for libc
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 01/20/1999 11:23:26
Hi, all.

Here's what I get, while doing "make depend" in /usr/src/lib/libc:

[...]
c/sys/Lint_pipe.c /usr/src/lib/libc/sys/Lint_ptrace.c /usr/src/lib/libc/sys/Lint
_sbrk.c /usr/src/lib/libc/sys/Lint_setlogin.c /usr/src/lib/libc/sys/Lint___sigre
turn14.c /usr/src/lib/libc/sys/Lint_syscall.c LintSysNormal.c LintSysNoerr.c Lin
tSysPseudoNoerr.c
LintSysNormal.c:28: unterminated `#if' conditional

Sure enough, at the end of LintSysNormal:

[...]
#ifdef __STDC__
#include <stdarg.h>
#else
#include <varargs.h>
#endif

/*ARGSUSED*/
int
#ifdef __STDC__
accept(int arg1

It cuts off right there... Removing LintSysNormal.c and doing another "make
depend" gives me:

ac /usr/src/lib/libc# rm LintSysNormal.c
ac /usr/src/lib/libc# make depend
creating LintSysNormal.c
/usr/src/lib/libc/sys/makelintstub: arith: syntax error: ""

*** Error code 2

Stop.

I'm digging around, trying to understand what's happening, but perhaps some-
one will comprehend it on sight...?

I haven't had a chance to run through how makelintsys is being called, by
hand, to see what's being thrown at it... I suppose I'll muck about with it
and have it tell me what it's getting, when I get a moment.

Thanks in advance for clues.

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...acheron.nws.net/mason/
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments