Subject: Persistent, odd message from 'make build'
To: None <>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/1999 18:15:02
For a while now I've been seeing some strangeness with the checkver script.
It appears to not find shlib_version files in many places, mainly because
the shlib_version files don't seem to exist.

For example:

install ===> lib/libwrap
/usr/src/lib/checkver: unable to find ./shlib_version

This stops the build pretty consistently, unless I do something questionable

    echo "$0: unable to find ./shlib_version"
    #exit 2

I haven't looked deeper, but this behaviour has survived a couple different
'make build's.

Thanks in advance for clues. (FWIW, this appears on my i386 as recently as
today, with today's sources, today being 1998-01-19.)

Mason Loring
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments
  dropped from day's caravan."--Rabindranath Tagore...awake ? sleep : dream;