Subject: Re: HEADS UP: nsswitch about to go `live' in NetBSD-current
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: [This is my bacque pas, this is my faux pas] <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/1999 23:47:21
Jason Thorpe sez:
/*
 * On Sat, 16 Jan 1999 15:26:06 -0800
 *  "Erik E. Fair" <fair@clock.org> wrote:
 *
 *  > NetBSD's default should reflect common usage. The common usage is "DNS,
 *  > files" in that order. This should work when there isn't an nsswitch.conf.
 *
 * It is?  I have always been of the belief that "files dns" was a more
 * appropriate order... saves annoying timeouts in some situations.

This seems right to me, too.  If I'm looking for hosts, I expect to
look locally before hitting a network name server.  [as it is now, for
some STOOPID reason, every time I run my "local" mailer, my machine
is hitting the network, but that's another *(*(can_of_worms)())[1];

 *         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
 */

				--*greywolf;
--
thought:  I ain't so damb dumn! | Your brand new kernel just dump core on you
war: Invalid argument           | And fsck can't find inode 2